Topic: RME UC problem.

Hi Guys

I am new to RME products, I bought an RME UC last year and have been using it with Pro tools 10 on an Imac. It has been working great.

Yesterday I installed it on a PC laptop, so that I could do some mobile recording next weekend (30th-31st).

I have just turned it on tonight and the lights are doing a weird thing as shown in the picture below.

[img align=c]http://i1056.photobucket.com/albums/t378/kizzertron/RME1_zps73a179e6.jpg[/img]

The UC won't show on either Mac or Pc and I can't use it.

Any ideas???

Or is it broken?

Thanks for any help you can give.

Kieran

Re: RME UC problem.

Seemed to have sorted it now.

Hopefully it was just a firmware issue!

Jabbed at the button a few times and it jogged back into life. Reinstalled the firmware and we're back up and running again!

Anybody else had this issue of all the lights coming on at once?

Is that just a sign of it having the wrong firmware?

Cheers
Kieran

I have just turned it on tonight and the lights are doing a weird thing as shown in the picture below.

could you clarify this? When exactly did the unit behave like this, was it after re-attaching it to the Mac? Which operating system was installed on the Mac, and did you upgrade the OS in the meantime?

Hi Max

I'm on OSX 10.7.3, it has been working a charm on that.

I was trying to get it working with a PC laptop running Windows 7 when the issue came up.

The 'light show' happened when i switched it on the next day. I must have changed the firmware while installing it on the PC as when I turned it on all the lights came on, as I switched it off and on again it changed but was still unusable.

After a few curse words and some frantic button pushing I was able to reattach it to the mac and refresh the firmware. Since then it has worked perfectly with both systems!

Cheers
Kieran