Topic: A little bit of help... FF800 and Win8 in a brand new PC

Hello guys!.... long time since my last post!... I hope everyone here is having fun and enjoying your gear! smile

Well, it's that time... when our loyal partner (Pc) is almost with one foot in the graveyard... So it's time for me to start thinking about a new computer... I would love to buy a Mac Pro... but this change is an unexpected situation and for now I don't have the money for a Mac.... so I'm gonna build my own PC with tons of processing power....

But my main concern is the Firewire deal....I'm thinking to use an ASUS mother board... Asus® M/B Intel SABERTOOTH X79 A/L (2011). But I've been reading a lot of problems between the FF800 and Win8.... and I don't know if the chipset of this MB will be a problem for my FF800... this mother board has Firewire 400 port... and I'm planning to use that to connect my FF800

Any experience, help, suggestion or advice about my plan???.... I can't believe how problematic has turn have a FF800.... I'm even thinking that maybe I should sell it and buy something else... maybe a PCI card.... But for now, the priority is a new computer!.... so, please, HELP ME!!!!

From now thanks a lot!

MattiaS

Re: A little bit of help... FF800 and Win8 in a brand new PC

Nobody has a suggestion, answer or advice?! :S