Topic: Multiface low volume input after update

Hello,

I' ve updated my HDSPe card and my old Multiface (the grey face) to the latest drivers, thing i haven't done for a couple of years, and i should have stayed this way because i lost 4 hours of deadline's precious time yesterday, looking for why i can't record my u87 thru my 1073 with decent human volume anymore. The only explanation i have is that there was a -10db / +4dbu option that disappeared from the driver, isn't it ? I had to push the faders to the max in TotalMix and add some extra 12db gain in the Cubase 7 MixConsole.

I would love some advices on this trouble, at least something that helps me understanding why it worked before the update.

Best

freudes

Re: Multiface low volume input after update

There was never such an option for the MF 1, levels are changed with internal jumpers. Also, Totalmix faders do not affect levels recorded in Cubase.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

It seemed so to me, so what the hell did happened ? I've checked every cable, i've change the mics, i've tried with a guitar, etc. but the inputs became incredibly low since the update...

Which driver was installed previously, and which one is installed now? How low is "incredibly low"...?

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME