Topic: Hardware output not coherent with TotalMix FX stereo pairs

Hello,

I've just bought a HDSPe MADI FX.

I need to send 5 stereo buses to 5 headphones amps via a MADI connexion on a SSL SX.

The problem is the hardware output pairs are not neighbouring.

For exemple,
- The number 1 of my hardware output corresponds to channel 17 in TotalMix FX
- The number 2 of my hardware output corresponds to channel 19 in TotalMix FX

How can I get a stereo bus wich is coherent with my hardware output (for example, 17-18 or 19-20) ?

Thank you very much

Christophe

Re: Hardware output not coherent with TotalMix FX stereo pairs

The answer is in the SSL's manual. As I no more own an SSL, I can't be more accurate. It's not an RME issue. It's a setting in the SX.

JM

Christophe wrote:

Hello,

I've just bought a HDSPe MADI FX.

I need to send 5 stereo buses to 5 headphones amps via a MADI connexion on a SSL SX.

The problem is the hardware output pairs are not neighbouring.

For exemple,
- The number 1 of my hardware output corresponds to channel 17 in TotalMix FX
- The number 2 of my hardware output corresponds to channel 19 in TotalMix FX

How can I get a stereo bus wich is coherent with my hardware output (for example, 17-18 or 19-20) ?

Thank you very much

Christophe

You could create your mixes on other totalmix mix outputs, then use internal loopback to bring them back in. Then just send them to the output you need for your SSL to work.

Isaac P

You could create your mixes on other totalmix mix outputs, then use internal loopback to bring them back in. Then just send them to the output you need for your SSL to work.
Isaac P

@Isaac,

Thanks for your answer. Yes, that's a good idea.
If I understand well, the loopback goes to my audio software and can be resend where I want. If I'm right, it will generate a latency ?
As I want to set my 5 headphone stereo buses for musicians tracking, it could be a problem.
Or am I misunderstanding something…? (I'm french and as there is no user guide in french, it's always a little bit difficult to understand everything perfectly and and quickly :-)

Thanks

Christophe

Christophe, c'est la SSL qui provoque ça. Mais n'ayant plus ces machines, je ne peux pas t'avancer plus. Regarde le manuel (mal fait il est vrai) de la SSL, dans les settings il y a la possibilité de passer les entrées analo ou ADAT de 1 à 24, et les autres à suivre.

JM