Topic: UFX freeze with sudden sample rate change

Hello,
My UFX has a serious error. After some minutes to an hour of working the UFX makes a click to all channels and sample rate jumps to something irregular. If the sample rate was originally 48kHz then it jumps to 80kHz and if it was 44,1 it jumps to 73,5 according to UFX own default metering screen. Sample rate numbers, which should be written in white on the UFX screen are then presented in red. It does not matter if the interface is connected to the computer or not, it happens all the same. If it is connected with computer via USB (MacBook Retina 15'') and I try to play any sound through UFX when the sample rate has "changed" then the computer keyboard and mouse freeze causing a total system lockup, if its connected via firewire, it just "unplugs" firewire port but the computer stays stable otherwise. So after the "click and sr-change" it is impossible to use the interface with computer but audio seems to run though the interface normally. Even the USB recording seems to work but I have still to listen to the outcome.
I even tried giving it external clock but to no avail. It obviously looks like a faulty interface.

My questions are that is there any hard firmware reset I should try before sending it to warranty? And is anybody else heard of this issue?
The interface itself is half a year old and was working perfectly until just now. I now even upgraded the firmware to the newest "class-compliant" version but the problem still persist.
Thanks for any reply!