Topic: Cubase Locking up with UFX, Asus G75VW laptop & Asus P8z77 Deluxe

Hello,

I bought a new Asus G75VW laptop and built a new desktop machine based on an Asus P8z77 deluxe motherboard.Over the last 3 months I've been getting some cubase lock ups and not sure why. After further investigation I noticed that the lock ups happens while Total Mix FX is open on both systems. Then I also noticed that when the lock up happens... I plug out or turn off the UFX and cubase is still operational. Which leads me to believe there is something wrong with the asus configuration and UFX on both my laptop and desktop.(Using USB)

I've used the UFX usb fine for about 2 years with my old Asus P5QC, Intel Core 2 Duo 3GHz system.

Please Help..!!

Thanks

Sam

Re: Cubase Locking up with UFX, Asus G75VW laptop & Asus P8z77 Deluxe

If you switch off or disconnect an audio interface while Cubase is trying to work with it, it would seem normal for the program to be rather confused.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

The Problem I'm actually having is, With Cubase 6 is open and total mix running in the background , Cubase locks up and it's only then do I disconnect or power down the UFX and when I do that, Cubase becomes operational again. Both my laptop(G75VW) and desktop(Motherboard Asus P8z77 Deluxe) are powered by asus running Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit.

So I'm trying to figure out the solution to the Lock ups. I think the problem lies somewhere between the UFX and Asus Chipset?? maybe??

Help Please.

Are you still using USB or is this on FireWire? Using USB 3 (blue) ports on the PC?

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Yes, I'm using USB 3 ports on both PC's

Sam

You might benefit from installing updated USB3 drivers.
http://www.rme-audio.de/forum/viewtopic.php?id=15186

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

OK, I will try that.

Thanks

Sam

Hi, So I've updated the USB3 drivers, but no luck.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks

Update your UFX drivers and firmware.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME