Topic: What is wrong with my Babyface

I've had it for over a year and it was working as late as yesterday.

Today, my Win 8 PC doesn't recognize it.  I tried uninstalling and reinstalling.  This doesn't help and, when I click on the totalmix and firefaceusb exe's, they don't respond.  I tried to reset the flash memory with the utility and the only thing that happens is I am prompted for the security admin password.  But, nothing else happens and no feedback on a problem.  I have tried this with the latest versions of the driver and flash utility.

I tried this on another pc with win 8 and I get the same symptoms.  So, I suspect that it is the unit and not the pc or windows, unless others are having the same problem.

One thing that does happen is the LED's flash, so the unit is drawing power from the pc.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Re: What is wrong with my Babyface

When you plug in the Babyface, do the meter LEDs run up? If so you set the unit to CC mode. Hold the two buttons down while you plug in USB to go back to normal mode.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for responding.  I reviewed the document https://archiv.rme-audio.de/download/cc … face_e.pdf and rebooted, as described, by holding the select and recall buttons while rebooting the device.  This doesn't seem to fix the problem.  Am I doing something wrong?

Hi Jeff,

The problem is solved.  I am listing the following steps that I took, in case it helps someone else.

I did the reset, as you suggested.  While this didn't fix the problem and neither did a reboot after that.   However, after the reboot, I could see the babyface in the device manager with a yellow icon.  I couldn't update the driver, so I deleted the device, downloaded the driver from the RME site again and installed.  Now, the babyface works again.

Thanks.