Topic: Fireface 400 Audio Problem since System Update with TimeMachine

Hello Support
2 Weeks ago i've reinstalled OSX Mountain Lion on my macbook pro and reinstalled everything all datas from my TimeMachine Backup.
Since then I have only mono-sound on my Mac. I've done the following since then:
- removed all drivers
- repaired all permissions
- reinstalled the latest drivers (also Firmware)

No luck: I still have only mono-sound on head-phones and speakers. I also have a PC with HDSPe AIO where I can compare the sound-quality.

Is this a software-Problem which can be solved or is the analog-to-digital converter inside FF400 broken? Can you help please.

I have a macbook pro and I first realised the problem while I tried to use panning in Logic Pro which worked very good before the update.
I do not use Bus-Power.

Re: Fireface 400 Audio Problem since System Update with TimeMachine

Open TotalMix and check your routings.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

3 (edited by teddy 2013-04-03 23:55:54)

I've checked all totalmix-settings. Signal is still mono - even if panning in totalmix is set to left and right on AN1+1.
Before the update the music was stereo on headphone and monitors.

Meanwhile I can now report that also on the line-output of my macbook pro the sound is mono. Perhaps this could be an issue with osx 10.8.3.

An1+1? Is that a typo? Should be An1+2.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Meanwhile the problem could be solved by replacing the following files with backuped files:
/Library/Preferences/Audio/com.apple.audio.DeviceSettings.plist
/Library/Preferences/Audio/com.apple.audio.SystemSettings.plist

Now the audio has its normal stereo-image back and everything is ok. But I still don't know why both files had a copy of themselves in the same directory with the filename-ending "_orig". This made me think and thats the reason why I tried to replace them. Hope this helps if someone has the same problem in the future...