Topic: question about using babyface for speakers output.

Ok, I finally got my imac to recognize the babyface, now I have two questions:

1:  I want to connect two Mackie HR824 monitors to the output, but there is only one headphone jack, and one output in the back for the TRS connection the mackies use.  Is there a way to connect both speakers, and still have use of the headphone jack?

2:  Just testing it out, i plugged one speaker into the headphone out on the side, and another to the breakout cable output.  I tested it out just by playing music through youtube, but it sounds absolutely awful.  Most vocals are either low, or completely cut out, and everything sounds "tinny" and distorted.  I plugged the speakers into a keyboard to see if it was the speakers that sounded bad, but they sounded perfect through that, so I think its some kind of problem with the babyface settings, but I'm completely new to this so if you guys could point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it. thanks!

Re: question about using babyface for speakers output.

You should be using the XLR outputs, Out 1 connects to left monitor and Out 2 to right monitor.

The Phones are stereo outputs, so will not work for your connection method described above.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

ah, that makes sense.. thank you, so I guess I didn't realize it, but the babyface breakout cable come with two phone outputs?

Yes, it comes with two headphones outputs, or one headphone and say computer speakers. Use the Analog 1 and 2 outputs with appropriate cords to go to monitors or a stereo amp or..............