Topic: S/PDIF input using ADAT2

I'm trying to record guitar using a Two Notes Torpedo LIVE Digital Loadbox.  It has a S/PDIF digital coax out which will provide 2 tracks of guitar, a wet track and a dry track, which would be incredibly beneficial to me.  Anyway,  I just ordered a spdif coax to optical converter box from Amazon so I can can connect it to the RME using the TOSLink cable into ADAT2.  Is there anything I need to set to get that to work or is it automatic?  And if it is not automatic, where does it need to be set? 

I have looked at the FF USB Settings dialog but the only input setting I see is under AES Input Source.  And the only SPDIF that is mentioned is under ADAT2 Output.   Do I need to touch anything or will my RME automatically detect and lock to the sample rate coming in from the LIVE(48 or 96 is what it outputs)?

Re: S/PDIF input using ADAT2

Assuming you are referring to a UFX or so, everything is automatic. You will have to set the clock source to SPDIF manually (if it's on internal).

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Re: S/PDIF input using ADAT2

So I hooked up my Two Notes Torpedo Live from the SPDIF coax out to the RME ADAT2 optical using a coaxial to optical converter and I did get the signal to pass thru after a bit of trial and error.  Its not really automatic.  Even after setting the clock source to SPDIF(which is not labelled as such - it is actually ADAT2) you still need to set the AES Input Source to ADAT2 in order for the signal to be heard.  This is far from auto but it does work and I'm very happy.  Just wanted to document it for anyone who has the same issue. 

Thanks for your help.
John