Topic: Direct Monitoring when using Babyface With iPad

Hoping someone might be able to answer a question about using the RME Babyface in Class Compliant mode with an IPad.

I've recently started using the Babyface to record into Auria, and this works great, but I'm wondering if it's possible to route the babyface inputs straight to the headphones output to monitor directly with low latency. I do this with the Babyface on PC and it's done easily through totalmix, but obviously totalmix is not accessable on an IPad. I've read the manual for CC mode and tried changing the output routing/monitoring (as described on page 7) but this does not seem to give me direct monitoring of my input signals at the babyface headphone output.

Is it possible to monitor in this way with the babyface in CC mode connected to an Ipad, and if so how would i set this up?

Re: Direct Monitoring when using Babyface With iPad

You simply can't use direct monitoring in current CC mode!
I think, if you do your direct monitoring mix in non-CC mode under
Windows or OS-X the mixer will remember again these settings even in CC mode.
However I haven't tested this myself yet.
Anyway, this is not practical at all!
So far I haven't heart any statement from RME when direct monitoring will come to CC mode.

Ok, thanks for the reply mate. I agree it's not very practical! I will try using the mixer in windows later and see if the Babyface remembers the settings when in CC mode.

I'm struggling getting this working too.Can someone from support advise on this one please?

Many thanks

http://www.gearslutz.com/board/musikmes … x-app.html

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME