Topic: HDSPe PCI card not detected on HP h9-1370ef Windows 8 64-bit

Hi,

The subject says it all... well most of it.

I just got a new windows 8 64 bits HP envy Phoenix PC.

I used to have an old XP PC with a HDSP PCI card and a Multiface II. This previous config was working fine.

I updated my HDSP card with a new HDSPe but then impossible to get it recognized by the PC.
The device does not appear at all in the device manager's treeview (no possibility to update the driver from there,
as it used to be done with my previous PC).

I tried several things, verified the jumpers of the card, tried on 2 different PCIe slots, tried to install by hand
the driver (from hdsp.inf file), even disabled security from BIOS on the PCI slots ...

Now I am running out of ideas, any HP/win 8 user with a HDSPe card on the forum who could help on this?

Thanks,

Regards.

Re: HDSPe PCI card not detected on HP h9-1370ef Windows 8 64-bit

Is your new PCIe card detected in the old XP computer? (assuming the old PC has a PCIe slot to test)?  Did you buy the PCIe card new or used? (Could be a faulty card)

Does your new PC have the Power Plan set to "High Performance"?  Have any PCI/PCIe power-savings settings been disabled in BIOS?  Do you have the most current BIOS installed?

Does your new PC have any legacy PCI slots to test the old HDSP PCI card for grins?

cool

MADIface-XT+ARC / 3x HDSP MADI / ADI648
2x SSL Alphalink MADI AX
2x Multiface / 2x Digiface /2x ADI8