1 (edited by SimonK 2013-05-05 17:54:15)

Topic: FireFace 400 crashes my PC

Hello there I have been going crazy for last few days. I have a FF 400 for some years now and it ALWAYS worked perfectly with no issues.
I have a desktop with 2 separate HDD each with a installation of a Windows 7 64Bit, one for play another for work so the hardware is the exact same.
Out of nowhere the Windows installation that I use to work on audio started crashing with a BSOD in every boot.
My FF400 is connected to a PCI TI chip and it always worked fine. Now to be able to work I have to change it to the legacy 1394 OHCI, instead of my OCHI texas intrument driver.
My issue with this is that with the legacy I have some random sound glitches like a white noite that comes and goes has it pleases, but this is not always evident, and in terms of performance on my Cubase DAW I feel that I only have half of the power when Im using alot of VST's and suites, even the sound quality seems worst.
what really puzzles me is that if I log on the windows that I use for "fun" the Texas Instrument driver chip is beeng used with no problems what so ever! On my "working" windows if I change to the texas driver I get imidiatly a BSOD. please help