Topic: Using Totalmix to mix thru external digital h/w and back into DAW

Hi, I'm sorry to post this but after much reading and searching I cant quite find a solution. If you could point me to a youtube video that would be perfect thanks.

I am using a babyface with Logic. I want to send my mix out through ADAT 3/4 to my TC Finalizer. Then I want to send the audio from the Finalizer back to ADAT IN 3/4 (or 5/6 doesnt matter), into my DAW.

I want to be able to hear the original mix (ie sound going to finalizer) and then switch to the processed input (ie hear the sound coming in from the TC Finalizer).

At the moment no matter what I do I cant hear the signal coming into the DAW from the Finaliser.

Appreciate any help from someone who is doing this already -thanks!

[the reason I am doing this is that I have some nice analogue EQ/Compression on the Finaliser inserts, and I am using the finaliser as the DA/AD. Perhaps this is a bit mad and I could bypass the Finaliser by going analogue out of babyface, and then coming back into analogue in on babyface thus using the babyface DA/AD convertors. Any thoughts on this appreciated]

Re: Using Totalmix to mix thru external digital h/w and back into DAW

Select the ADAT 3/4 from the Hardware Outputs row, raise the fader of the Logic at Software Playback and that fader only.
Both Hardware inputs row and Software Playback row.
This is how you feed to your Finalizer.

You can use for example the Main to listen to the signal coming from Finalizer by raising only the fader that shows signal
on the Hardware Inputs row, my guess is channel SPDIF or AS 1/2 for the optical input.

Press Play on Logic and press Cue on Hardware Output ADAT 3/4 when you want to here the sound before your analogue EQ/Compression.

Sonicimage studio
RME FF UFX, XTC, ADI-648, MADIface USB
W10 Pro 64bit