Topic: Disabling direct asio monitoring in totalmix fx.

Id like to have asio monitoring in my daw (sequoia) enabled for VSTi monitoring without having totalmix fx "direct asio monitoring" changing my totalmix mixer settings.

In the non-fx madi totalmix there was a "direct asio monitoring" option i could un-check but i cant find this setting in totalmix fx for madi-fx.

Anyone?

2 (edited by blackcom 2013-05-05 15:05:54)

Re: Disabling direct asio monitoring in totalmix fx.

Btw, what is the point of "Direct Asio Monitoring" at all? When woul one need this?
I'll try and explain my probem one more time:

I used to us the RME MADI PCIe card. The TotalMix software for this card has an option for "Enable Asio Direct Monitoring" that can be turned OFF.  I prefer Economy Hardware Monitoring in Samplitude cause it
will enable VSTi MIDI input monitoring. Turn ON "Enable Asio Monitoring" and any change in the Sampliquoia mixer also changes settings in TotalMix.

So I upgraded later to RME MADI PCIe FX. This card has built in DSP FX for monitoring and/or printing. The TotalMix for this version of the card does NOT have an "Enable Asio Direct Monitoring" that can be turned off. It's allways ON. So when using Economy Hardware Monitoring in Sampliquoia for VSTi MIDI monitoring purpouses any changes in the Sampliquoia mixer would change the settings in the TotalMix FX mixer (in other words screw up my TotalMix monitoring settings)

Basically:

-TotalMix FX: Direct Asio Monitoring is allways ON

-I need Sampliquoia Economy Hardware Monitoring for VSTi MIDI monitoring

-When I use Sampliquoia Economy Hardware Monitoring and change in the Samplitquoia mixer will change settings in TotalMix FX mixer <- I DON'T WANT THIS!

How can I continue to have VSTi MIDI monitoring without having my TotalMix FX setting screwed up whenever I change something in the Sampliquoia Mixer?

What you want is an option that should be in Sampliquioa (maybe it even is). However we are looking into adding the ADM Off switch into TM FX.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

I think you will have to use a different monitoring mode in Sequoia. If you choose hardware monitoring, or hardware hybrid, the Sequoia mixer is connected to the RME Totalmix. If you use software/economy or mixer/TrackFX, it is not.

Georg

MC wrote:

What you want is an option that should be in Sampliquioa (maybe it even is). However we are looking into adding the ADM Off switch into TM FX.

Turning off Hardware monitoring also turns off VSTi MIDI input monitoring, that's why it's not an optimal solution.

However, if you are looking into an option for turning ADM off then thank you so much! smile