Topic: No Fireface Driver or Device installed???

I'm brand new to RME, brand new to Fireface UC, but not new to digital audio interfaces. Yet I can't seem to even get out of the gate with my new Fireface UC.  I installed the drivers from the disc. I updated the drivers. I downloaded the Firmware updater. I plugged in the Fireface UC power and USB cable. My computer sees the Fireface UC. Logic sees the Fireface UC. But none of the RME software seems to see the Fireface UC.  I have followed the instructions to the letter. The Fireface USB Flash program will not open because "No Fireface Driver or Device installed." or so it says.   The program "Fireface USB Settings" that is in my applications folder will open and then immediately close without explanation.  What gives? I can't seem to get it to work at all.

Macbook Pro i7, 8GB Ram, Fireface UFX, Logic 9, Mainstage2, Ableton Studio 8

Re: No Fireface Driver or Device installed???

So you did set the unit to Mac (AP) mode?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Ahhhhh, that was it!!! I did set it to AP mode, but I must have somehow switched it back.  Too many double clicks perhaps.  Ok, next problem though.... actually two of them.

First, I really wanted to cable my wireless mic into the rear of the unit, but I can't seem to get the gain high enough. (I can get the gain high enough in ch 1-4, but 5-8 just won't let me.)

Second, when doing a test recording in Logic, it says "Error While trying to sync audio and midi.Sample Rate 50005 recognized. Check conflict between Logic Pro and external device."  I don't get it. I have the sample rate set to 44.1 and I'm not running any midi devices.

I've never had these issues with any of the Apogee, PreSonus, or Metric Halo products that I've used before. Perhaps I'm overlooking a basic setting somewhere? The UC seems pretty straight forward to use, but somehow I'm not getting it.

Any suggestions?

Thanks so much!

First, I really wanted to cable my wireless mic into the rear of the unit, but I can't seem to get the gain high enough. (I can get the gain high enough in ch 1-4, but 5-8 just won't let me.)

Only the first two inputs 1/2 on the front provide preamps for mics.

I don't get it. I have the sample rate set to 44.1 and I'm not running any midi devices.

Set the clock source in the driver settings to internal and 44.100 Hz. Check the pitch settings below for 0%.

best regards
Knut

Set the clock source in the driver settings to internal and 44.100 Hz. Check the pitch settings below for 0%.
Knut

Got the part about the clock source, but I don't understand what you mean about the pitch settings? Where is that option located? I see the Clock Source option in the "clock mode" box in the Fireface USB Settings, but I don't see any "pitch settings" option anywhere.

Also, while I have you, if I'm trying to boost the gain on the rear inputs 5-8. Is there a way to do that? I'm feeding it a signal from my Line 6 G50 wireless, 1/4 inch TRS cable.  But it's not registering a substantial signal.

Any thoughts on that?

Much thanks!

MC wrote:

So you did set the unit to Mac (AP) mode?

Thank you so much, you saved my world! :-)journey

How i can  to do set the unit to Mac (AP) mode?

Unplug USB, power on the unit, then double click the encoder knob. When it is successful, the screen will show "AP" to indicate the mode switch. Same procedure to go back to PC mode.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

pianafiddle wrote:

Also, while I have you, if I'm trying to boost the gain on the rear inputs 5-8. Is there a way to do that? I'm feeding it a signal from my Line 6 G50 wireless, 1/4 inch TRS cable.  But it's not registering a substantial signal.

Any thoughts on that?

There's no gain to regular line inputs, other than reference levels. Did you set the inputs to -10 dBv? If that's not enough you need to adjust sensitivity/levels in the wireless unit (not familiar with the G50).