1 (edited by syah 2013-05-12 19:38:17)

Topic: Totalmix FX - UFX & MADI FX in one machine

I have searched the RME forums for quite some time, but I could not find the answer to this:
Is it possible to use Totalmix FX for both an UFX and a MADI FX (on one system)?

Re: Totalmix FX - UFX & MADI FX in one machine

Sure. But you get separated windows, or switch between the views (upper right).

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

Sure. But you get separated windows, or switch between the views (upper right).

Ah, thanks for the quick reply (again!). That's all I needed to know. Just in time for placing a bet on ebay smile

This would use two separate ASIO drivers though, correct?  Or is there a way to unify RME's MADI-FX (PCIe) and UFX (FW or USB) I/O to the host DAW (aside from ASIO-4-All)?

cool

MADIface-XT+ARC / 3x HDSP MADI / ADI648
2x SSL Alphalink MADI AX
2x Multiface / 2x Digiface /2x ADI8

Randyman... wrote:

This would use two separate ASIO drivers though, correct?  Or is there a way to unify RME's MADI-FX (PCIe) and UFX (FW or USB) I/O to the host DAW (aside from ASIO-4-All)?

I guess you are right about that.

But why would you need both devices in a DAW. Wouldn't the Madi FX asio driver be sufficient? I would setup the UFX outputs to the ADI648, which would be send to the MADI FX. Or am I missing something?

That would do the trick.  I assumed you were trying to use both devices under a unified driver (in one DAW application) vs a "pitch/catch" type thing between different DAW software on the same PC.  I do something similar, but across different DAW PC's (slave VSTi PC's feeding one master DAW PC).

cool

MADIface-XT+ARC / 3x HDSP MADI / ADI648
2x SSL Alphalink MADI AX
2x Multiface / 2x Digiface /2x ADI8