Topic: Icons in tray at bottom of screen have disappeared...

I'm using a Multiface 2 with PCI card on a recent Carillon PC.

I've always had a couple of small icons open in the tray at the bottom of screen, which I could click to open the RME mixer, or to open the display on which the desired latency can be selected. Since running a Belarc program last night, these icons have disappeared and I can find no sign of any RME program in control panel. However, I'm still hearing sound through the Multiface's outs.

Anyone have an idea what has happened here, and what I can do to get things back to normal? Many thanks! :-)

Re: Icons in tray at bottom of screen have disappeared...

Are you sure the icons aren't just hidden? Check task bar settings. Also check whether the processes are running in task manager. What's a "Belarc program"?

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Thanks for the reply.

All my other usual icons in task bar are showing as normal, and nothing is unusual in task bar settings.

No RME or HDSP processes are showing in task manager (processes).

The Belarc software I referred to is 'Belarc Advisor':

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belarc

It's actually rather possible the issue occured before I ran Belarc, but that I only noticed after...

If the processes aren't running, maybe this software has fiddled with autostart settings or so... Try reinstalling the driver or uninstall the "Advisor".

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Uninstalled the Advisor and reinstalled the RME driver. All's fine now. Thank you Daniel.