Topic: FF-400 buzz and crash

Hi,

I'm using my FF-400 on a mac book pro wich I've lately purchased. But to be able to use my windows software I've installed a win7 using the bootcamp software. The following problems have retarded my work:

1- Occasionally the card starts to buzz horrendously and the system stops working after a while crashes into the blue screen!
2- I can't practically use the knob on the device to change gains as it is toooo slow to respond. Sometimes it takes minutes untill it responds to the push to go from gain mode to i/o sellect mode. In stadalone mode, also the knob seems a bit slowish to respond, but not that much.

This second issue has brought me to think the first issue is also a flash problem. I've installed the latest 1.71 flash software, but I can't find any earlier versions on RME site to chech them. I'm using cubsse on win7, but I've experienced simillar problems on iOS with Logic.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Arash

Re: FF-400 buzz and crash

In stand-alone mode the knob must react in real-time. There is no delay. If there is then the unit is broken. Is the delay only when pushing or also when turning, like PH volume?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Re: FF-400 buzz and crash

Thanks For the reply MC. The crash and buzz thing seems to have gone away since I install the latest driver ver. 3073. And the delay is only in pushing. I think as you say, that's a broken knob issue...
I shall seek an RME repairs service next time I'm in Germany. Here where I live (Tehran) there's no such thing :-|
Fortunately though, I'm still able to control things via software.