1 (edited by snrmusic 2013-05-12 19:57:37)

Topic: Fireface 400 headphone outputting only in mono

I've searched through this forum about this issue, but it seems like most people are having issues with only being able to hear the headphone output on one side. I can hear the headphone output of my Fireface 400 in both ears, but it is a mono signal. However, it is outputting properly in stereo to my main speakers on outs 1/2.

I've checked my headphones as well as the settings on my mac (and DAW). In the Fireface Mixer, when I pull down the left headphone signal, I can still hear the signal coming out of both ears (same thing happens when I pull down the right signal). It really seems like some kind of routing issue inside the mixer.

Any ideas?

Re: Fireface 400 headphone outputting only in mono

Please try loading a factory mixer preset (hold CTRL and click on e.g. preset 1). There is no known issue here, btw.
Where exactly have you connected your phones?

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Re: Fireface 400 headphone outputting only in mono

I tried loading a factory mixer preset like you suggested, but still only hear mono in my headphones. I've connected my phones to the "Monitor Ch. 7/8" phones output on the right side of the Fireface 400's front panel. Also, when I try to pan the signal from within OSX's sound preferences I can hear the changes on my main speaker monitors (which are connected to outs 1/2 on the back of the unit), but the panning doesn't reflect through my headphones. Any other ideas?