Topic: Proposal - create a MIDI & OSC forum.

Hello all,

I have been using Touch OSC for about a year, and recently installed Lemur.  These apps have greatly transformed how I use, and how I view, TotalMix.  There have already been many great posts and templates posted in this forum, not to mention tips and advice.  I anticipate that there will be even more to come once the new TotalMix comes out that can support multiple MIDI and OSC controllers.  This new feature will open up a lot more options for how to use TM in both in studio and especially live.  For example, an RME interface with some iPads/iPhones and a well-developed Lemur template could become one of the best personal monitor systems available.

I propose it would be useful to have a separate forum dedicated to how to use MIDI and OSC controllers with TM.  It could be a place to "sticky" known working templates for a range of uses, link to good tutorials, and otherwise exchange ideas and collaborate.  Putting all of these types of posts in the "Firewire and USB" forum could result in good information getting lost, or at least harder to find.  In addition, OSC and MIDI controllers are applicable not just to RME's firewire and USB interfaces, but others like the MadiFace as well.  So it would seem to make sense to discuss them in a separate forum that is not directed to a specific category of interface.

I am curious to hear other's thoughts on this.

Cheers,

David

Re: Proposal - create a MIDI & OSC forum.

Here's your new forum. Cheers!

wink

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME