1 (edited by skallion 2013-05-24 05:16:49)

Topic: RME HDSPe AIO Installation Error

Hi, I have tried installing my brand new AIO but can't get it working.
I have tried it in all available pcie slots which are x16, x1(2 available) and an x8.

I run OS X 10.6.8
Specs:
Gigabyte Z68 UD4xp (F4 bios)
i7 2600k @ stock
8GB DDR3
Radeon HD6850
Corsair HX850 psu

I understand there are some unkowns when running such a setup. However, It is a flawless system in terms of stability and this is the first issue I have had with hardware.

prior to installation I removed my firewire 800 pcie x1 card which worked great but I did not need it anymore. So if that card worked fine then I'm stumped as to why the AIO would not work in the same slot or any others.

I have looked in the bios and can't see any options for power management of pcie as recommended for some windows setups.
I have also trashed the audio preferences and rebuilt disk permissions.

Regards,

Shane

Re: RME HDSPe AIO Installation Error

I'm afraid we don't support Hackintosh systems and can't really offer a simple solution - but you also do not mention what the actual problem is...

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Oops! So the problem is the driver will not install. "Installation error".

I didn't think there would be a problem due to other pcie devices working.
I'll take the card to work in the week and test it on a windows PC.

I can't be the only hackintosh user with pcie card. I'll modify the thread title to attract some attention.

It might be that the card does not work at all (defective). Also please check that X100 does NOT have a jumper on it.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thanks MC I'll have a look at x100 tomorrow.

X100 does not have a jumper. I'll be able to confirm if its dead or not on Wednesday.
In the mean time ill try contact a pt HD user with the AIO working on a hackintosh under 10.6.8

Hi,

I am also thinking about jumping the Hack ship.
Still want to hold on to the RME stuff, and i have been looking over the HDSPe AIO and expansion 4o for Surround system.

How come you are still on SL?
I am interested on your results,keep us posted!

I originally done 10.7.2 but had some software issues with some plugins not supported so I done a fresh install of 10.6.8 and have had no reason to change as everything worked great for the 1.5 years or so I've had the system. If it ain't broke don't fix it huh!

I currently run a mackie onyx 400f but the driver support is terrible and the interface struggles to play nicely under 256 samples which is a nightmare for my hardware sends I've recently incorporated.

MC, is this correct for the HDSPe AIO: Vendor 10EE, Device ID 3FC6?

I may need to add it to a PCI kext in OS X to get the card identified by my bootloader.

Good news! I have the card working. Having explored the console in OS X to find the reason why installation failed it was because of an expired certificate. A little more research led me to discover that it could be resolved with apple software installer update 1.0 for 10.6.8

Having built the system prior to this update and choosing to not have an internet connection on the studio computer I failed to be notified of this useful update.

I do experience the noise issue as many have reported which is quite disappointing but the electrical tape fix works well. I'm going to investigate the earthing from motherboard to case as advised somewhere on the forum. Hopefully that will render the tape unnecessary.

Coming from the mackie 400f to this card is really good! The latency is amazing. My projects that were struggling at 256 now fly along at 64 samples. Excellent!

What's the solution here?  I just installed an AIO HDSPe into a Mac Pro 1,1 running 10.6.8 and I get an install error and cannot install the drivers.

Any help much appreciated.
Thanks!
Sig

V2.72 seems to be the ticket!

Siegfried Meier wrote:

V2.72 seems to be the ticket!

Install:

Software installer update 1.0

Now you should be able to install the latest driver 3.04

Are you on a hack?

No hack.  Real Mac Pro Intel 1,1.

I wasn't aware of this Apple Software Installer Update 1.0 before.  This isn't a part of the regular software updates?  Weird...

I can't be certain as my macbook pro was at 10.7 when it was released and the hack was done straight from sl 10.6 retail dvd to 10.6.8 update and left offline since 2011.

Did it work for you?

Like a charm.  Thanks so much!

No worries dude!