Topic: Fireface UC : Blinking LED on Power Cord

Hello,
I have a problem since today with my brand new Fireface UC.

When the power cord is plugged into the Fireface the green LED (on the power cord) blinks and the unit won't start. When I unplug the power supply from the Fireface the LED stays green.
Please help and tell me my sound card isn't completely dead. :roll

Re: Fireface UC : Blinking LED on Power Cord

Try a different power suppply.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thanks for the quick reply, I'll visit an electrical store to avoid choosing wrong power supply and keep in touch.

I faced quite the same problem, blinking LED with a little pop internally (from somewhere nearby the power SW).
I sent brand-new Fireface UC back to local retailer as reject, immediatly they sent me replacement.:o

5 (edited by del0g 2012-08-21 20:58:34)

Finally I won't go to my electrical store for a new power supply since I forgot to "smell" my Fireface UC first, well it smells ...burnt material just around the power SW.
While the power supply seems in perfect condition.

Thank you keriyecrow for sharing your experience, it's much appreciated. I will contact my retailer for a replacement.
Meanwhile my computer will remain mute hmm

Otherwise, was it normal that the soundcard always felt very hot even just after switching the On button ?

6 (edited by del0g 2013-06-12 00:27:57)

Hello, I dig up my old post to give some news...

My unit was repaired instead of a replacement unit being sent to me. I provided it to my retailer in France on 5th of September 2012 and it was returned repaired on 13th of November.
Anyway, yesterday 11th of June 2013 I'm experiencing the same trouble again, I had the power supply tested in an electronic shop and it's in perfect state so my Fireface UC is really broken (no burnt smell this time though).
I'm very dissapointed...

Please RME, do you have any idea how to have my unit replaced and if possible as soon as possible (my musical projects are all cancelled) ? Can you do something or do I have only to solve this with the retailer of your product ?
Regards