Topic: Help

hi,
I have a digi 9636/52 that worked fine under Windows XP. I recently upgraded to Windows 7 (32 Bit) and cannot get the card to work!
I downloaded the XP drivers, and even set them to run in compatibility mode for XP, but as soon as I update the drivers and restart my PC, Windows will not start, I get a blue screen error (which doesn't stay on long enough for me to read) but it is definitely the digi 96 that is causing the problem.
I have searched the internet and can only find people who are succesfully using the sound card under Windows 7.
Can anybody help me out, I am at the end of my tether!
WIndows 7 works fine until I install the drivers from their site, and then it will not restart properly, and I have to restore my system to before installing the drivers.
I just need to get it working under Windows 7 32 Bit please help me sad

Re: Help

You've posted in the FireWire and USB forum, when HDSP(e) seems more appropriate. Nevertheless...

Setting a driver installer to Windows XP compatibility will not make the driver compatible with a later version of Windows. If the latest driver will not allow you to run the flash update tool (in the same location) on a Windows 7 machine, put the card in a Windows XP machine, install the latest driver, run the flash update tool, then return the card to your Windows 7 machine, where it should now work properly.

Re: Help

Hi David
Im abit new to all this so youl have to take it slow
What is the flash update tool ,and are the drivers installed on the card not the computer?