Topic: HDSP 9652 with intermittend sync and driver problems

Hello,

first post here.  I was hoping get some help concerning my second hand bought HDSP9652 Rev 1.6  with serialnumber 22746727

My configuration consists out of 3 ADA8000's and the computer running windows XP 32bit professional.

motherboard : ASUS  PQ5L
Processor: Intel  E3400 dual core
Memory matched pair 2GB
HD : Seagate barracuda 320GB

RME DRIVER  : 3.36
Firmware version : 108

I will try to be as detailed as possible.

I haven't installed any DAW software yet since I am having problems with the card.

I had it installed, installed the latest drivers from the website and flashed (2 or 3 times to be sure)  With the next reboot the card came up and I was able to connect and sync the card perfectly with the ADA's

A few reboots further I wanted to check on for audio going in and out of the ADA's I noticed my card wasn't recognized by my operating system. I've checked with the device manager and the card was no longer in the list. That is when I first checked out of the contacts on the card were corroded and cleaned them with a pencil eraser. Refitted the card and rebooted the system the card was found but I wasn't able to sync the card with the ADA's.  That is when I suspected the optical cables I was using were bad so I replaced them with other ones. The result was the same no sync at all.

I tried then every other setting of the interal DSP config screen to no avail. I called a buddy of mine to bring in his Linux system wich runs on a ARCH build. In his computer we had the same result  no sync unless I switched  to 32KhZ of 64Khz giving me signal on different channels.  We then tried the card out again in my computer with the exact same setting. Having the exact same result.

We rebooted the computer and the card was gone again no more to be seen in the device manager of windows. So again we installed it in the Linux computer and that one was able to see it with lspci command and the card was syncing with the ADA's. So we tried audio going in and out and it was working perfectly. We rebooted to linux machine and the card was recognized but wasn't syncing again on 44,1 KHz only on 32Khz.  We have tried out all ADAT ports to make sure it wasn't just one port showing to be fautly. All the installations/deinstallations have been done with a wristband and placemat that is grounded. I've also tried the card one more time in a WIN7 machine also with the same result no sync on 44,1Khz.

I hope it is something I have overlooked or the card is faulty. If it is faulty can it be repaired and at what price ?

Kind Regards

Tim