Topic: Problems with ADAT output on AIO card

Hi all,

I recently purchased the RME AIO card, to use in my Mac Pro running Mountain Lion.  I updated the card with the latest firmware, and installed the latest drivers.  Also, I purchased and installed the optional Word Clock Module as well.

I am trying to output audio from my Mac Pro via the optical ADAT port of the AIO card, and input the ADAT stream into my Apogee Quartet.

To start with, I connect the WC Out on the Quartet, to the WC In of the AIO (optional WC module).  Going into HDSPe settings, I set  the Clock Mode to Auto Sync, and the Preferred Sync to "WC/TCO".  The System Clock section then shows Mode as "TCO Slave", and the proper frequency of 48000Hz.

I open TotalMix, and set Monitor Main to "A1+2".  When I start playback of audio on my Mac Pro, I only see the level readings bar displayed on the AN1 & AN2 outputs; nothing on A1 or A2.  I guess what I am asking is, what do I have to do to "activate" the optical output so I can output the ADAT signal?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Re: Problems with ADAT output on AIO card

After some more playing around, I'm now seeing this:

When I playback audio on my Mac, AN1 & AN2 show a graphic level meter that rises higher as output level increases.  However, the meter by A1 & A2 has no such graphics; but I can still change the output level on the ADAT port properly --- if I pull the A1 & A2 sliders all the way down, then my AN1 & AN2 levels go all the way down as well. 

I'm wondering if I might have a bad AIO card, or does the TotalMix software not work properly with Mountain Lion....