Topic: unequal sound - LEFT and RIGHT output channels

Hi Friends,
I need your help I am experiencing a strange problem with my sound card RME 9632,

I recently replaced the unbalanced cable of the card to balanced cable, it is important to me to point  that a few months ago I used the balanced cable  but because  strange noises that heard I replaced the balanced cable with unbalanced  and everything was normal, so i thought that the problem is because the XLR output cables, I bought a new cables, and connected again the balanced cable and now I get a new problem, the output level (left and right) is not equal. It is important to note that the card's ports connected to MON800 of Behringer that controls on the output level , when i connect the unbalanced connection I had no noise, when i connected the balanced cable i saw in the - level limiter of the device that there is differences between right and left.

And of course I checked the mixer of RME all seems good and  so I do not understand where the problem.

Ideas?

Thanks excellent day, Guy.

Re: unequal sound - LEFT and RIGHT output channels

Can you confirm/reproduce this at the headphones output?

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Hi ,  I cant reproduce it on Headphones , i saw someone that had the same issue in his XLR break cable , how can i fix it or check it ? i noticed that i got lower volume in the left side and heard some kind of distortion

any idea ?

If it's not on the headphones, then it does not seem to be the DA conversion. What about the unbalanced cable, same issue?

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

no , the sound is good and the levels is equal

Then I would suggest to ask the retailer to exchange the balanced cable.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

unfortantly i dont have warntly on that , there is something that i can do in order to try to fix the cable ?