1 (edited by kazakore 2013-07-23 04:03:54)

Topic: HDSPe on Thinkpad X230 Win7 install issue

I'm trying to install my new HDSPe ExpressCard on my Lenovo Thinkpad X230 with Win7 x64 Pro and it will not install. I have read guides that say first attempt should give a failed install and then you should be able to do it manually through Device Manager but this does work for me.

When inserting the card my computer becomes almost completely unresponsive, mouse jumping around the screen seconds later if you try and move it, and nothing pops up and it doesn't appear to even register a device has been connected. I have tried connecting both before turning on the computer (getting into Windows takes a Long time)  or once it is up and no joy. Also both with and without the external box (RPM) connected. I have checked the Device Manager and I don't get any warning symbol for a unrecognised device or anything.

Is there any known issue with the X230 or similar laptops and the HDSPe? Or is there anything else I can try?

I know the slot works as I have installed my old Echo DJx on it fine, I know the HDSPe works as I have installed it on my XP laptop. At a loose end here...

Re: HDSPe on Thinkpad X230 Win7 install issue

Post 25: http://www.rme-audio.de/forum/viewtopic.php?id=7091

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Sorry forgot to mention I had already updated the firmware from rev18 to rev20 on the XP laptop and it made no difference.

Try disabling PCIe power saving / ASPM in the BIOS.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

But turning Off the Power Management for PCIexpress in BIOS seems to have done the trick so many thanks smile

Now to see if I can get in configured on the Ubuntu partition... wink