Topic: using total mix to record SPIDIF in Samplitude Pro X

There seems to be no Spidif located in the "IN' menu for recording.

I just got a Kemper amp and want to record using the spidif and record it into Samplitude Pro X

I see the spidif in the input menu in total mix. I am not the technical so please bear with me.

If someone could just tell me what I assign and where. I think I would select spidif in the top row (there are 3 rows)

Then do I assign it to a channel or track...and where..in the middle row or the bottom row?

I also need to make samplitude the slave and I don't know how to do that. But that's another issue.

I have the Fireface800 stiill using XP.

Thanks

Re: using total mix to record SPIDIF in Samplitude Pro X

All wrong. TotalMix has nothing to do with recording SPDIF into Sam (any software. TotalMix is a monitoring tool). It's all done within Sam.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Re: using total mix to record SPIDIF in Samplitude Pro X

That's true..however I had to change the settings in the FF800 for samplitude to see the SPIDIF inputs. That worked.

I also had to change the clock source in the RME settings to SPIDIF to make the Kemper amp the master.

What I want to know is to record vocals or midi do I need to change the clock source in the FF back to the original....I think it was the first option. I should have written it down. Do I need to change the midi clock source back...and back to what?

I want to make sure I don't mess up my midi syncing or anything.

THANKS.