Topic: Multiface I red error light constantly on (solid, not blinking)

Hi there,

I have Multiface I and HDSPe ExpressCard.

up until today, when power is given to the Multiface with power supply but not plugged into the card, the HDSP Error red light would blink. It would turn off when plugged into the card and recognized by the computer.

Now the red light turns on solid when plugged into power and nothing happens when I connect it to the card/computer. Light stays solid on. I've tried the usual RME power supply, and also tested plugging the car lighter adaptor (12V) - same result.

Is the unit just broken? How can I get it fixed? Is there anything I can do on my own (like reload firmware? Replace a battery or something, like on computer motherboards?)

Thanks for the help

Re: Multiface I red error light constantly on (solid, not blinking)

Will the settings dialog and mixer still open? If yes, please try another cable to connect the MF.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for your quick reply!

I've tried another FW cable, no difference. Problem is not related to the connection to the computer I think since even when not connected to computer the behaviour of the Multiface has changed from what it was for the past 9 (!) years. When connected to power only, the error light of the Multiface used to blink, whereas now it doesn't blink but stays on solid instead.

The unit seems to be in need of service... Please contact the local distributor.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

i got the same problem here, Multiface I starts with a red fixed led (Host/error) when i plug power supply. then when i power up the computer the I/O box panel return "error". i didn't know if before the lght were blinking cause a bought a used box.

so my question is: when you just power up the multiface box every unit must have a blinking led to get working properly?