Topic: RME HDSP 9632 - Win7 installation issues -BSOD now

i have a RME HDSP 9632 updated with the latest firmware , i used it on a AMD PC running  Win xp , with an ATI graphics cards with an onboard soundcard and also a Gigabyte Motherboard also with a realtek onboard soundcard ....... RME HDSP 9632 was running fine as my main audio card until one day after 6 months of perfect use and some updates of win xp it stopped responding , if i clicked on the panel and powermix icons nothing happened no sound, when i tried to install latest drivers all i got was a BSOD ..........
  ok so since i have AMD Phenom 2 and some 8 gb of ram which win xp doesnt use i decide to finally tryout Win7 so i get a copy and install .....same thing again BSOD with any driver , so i started using ati graphics card onboard to listen to music but it was worthless in any daw so i found and plugged in an old m-audio firewire audiophile i had ,had some trouble with that installed asio 4 all v2.0 and suddenly it started working..
  i still wanted to use my RME HDSP 9632 though so i kept trying but still nothing , i install any driver old or new and it instantly gives me BSOD even though my pc seems to be running fine
   1 month ago suddenly for no reason whatsoever i turn on my pc and i see that besides m-audio soundcard the rme panels and powermix are working !!!! i plug in my monitors to card and it was working !!!! yesterday it stopped again after some updates win7 wanted
   i've looked thru any possible forum site googled for hours and still no solution !!!!! whats going on ???? im reading other ppl have BSOD problems and the reply is always the same - driver installation manual registry stuff i've tried million of times , i've tried almost everything why cant i get my RME HDSP 9632 to work ????? im now typing this listening to music from my graphics card onboard sound ;p for some reason the 1/8 win updates took out my m-audio firewire also , i tried reverting restoring to older point before updates but still the same

Please give me a solution! Thanks in advance

Re: RME HDSP 9632 - Win7 installation issues -BSOD now

Most probably your card has a hardware problem and needs repair.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

3 (edited by dapatoumba 2015-04-14 14:20:09)

Re: RME HDSP 9632 - Win7 installation issues -BSOD now

Apparently my PCI Slot 3 and Slot 2 where the fault (mobo gigabyte ga790fxta-ud5) as soon as i moved my gpu and managed to get the HDSP 9632 in the PCI Slot 1 in a matter of seconds windows 7 loaded up recognized the driver and eveything was fine.  smile