Topic: Feature request

We have the  madi fx here.
I would very much like to see an option to disable the mixer altogether making it a plain IO interface thus making it impossible to route more than one channel to any output and only allowing one input ch to be passed to any daw channel.

Re: Feature request

isn't that what it does anyway? Just do a full reset of the mixer make sure you have EQ + D for record unticked and no loopback enabled. Only 1 input chanell goes to a DAW channel anyway and they are pre fader and EQ, as long as no loopback is enabled. Then leave all input faders on zero, all playback faders are then 1:1 with output. Close the mixer window and don't open it again and it should stay like that forever.

cheers  Greg

What you are looking for is already there: Options, Reset Mix, Straight playback. If you need to secure this state simply go to Preferences, than click 'Lock User Interface'.

Never want that to change? Go to

C.\User\Username\AppData\Local\TotalMixFX

After a reboot you will find the current (Straight..) state as file lastHDSPeMADIFX1.xml. Change the attribute of that file to read only. Done.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

We had system sounds mixed into to an AES reverb insert during a large orchestra session.
We ended up feeding the reverb bot system sounds and the pyramix subgroup.
Not a fun experience.
This is why I would like to see greater simplicity and fewer features.

AFAIK, we had the settings matthias suggested.

Well, but that sounds like a user error, nothing to do with TM FX. The system sounds should have never been assigned to the RME in the first place. If so they will come out somewhere...sooner or later...

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

6 (edited by klaukholm 2013-08-27 22:40:58)

Yes it was pilot error. This is why I requested a simplified running mode.
The only way to boot protools here is to set the rme as the system sound card. If we dont, protools gives an error and shuts down.
In this instance a colleague had run a protools session on the machine and when we subsequently ran pyramix for an orchestral session, all inputs showed sound and AES inserts were passing signal. I was unaware that the RME is even capable of sending sounds from a different source than PMX to the same output that PMX is using.
If this had been a protools session, we woud lhave been forced to assign some channels to computer sound just to be able to boot the software, thus loosing outputs.

Fancy mixers and features are great for some users, but in complicated location setups it only serves to complicate troubleshooting. FYI, the engineer running this particular session is one of the most experienced engineers at the Swedish Radio.

Now that sounds not like you want to have a straight one to one routing, but the option to disable multiclient playback.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Yes please