Topic: HDSP 9652 PCI and modern motherboards

Has anyone had any success installing their PCI HDSP into a modern motherboard? Can anyone suggest which motherboard with proper PCI support is recommended?

Re: HDSP 9652 PCI and modern motherboards

I've used 9652 card on ASUS X79 Sabertooth, and Gigabyte GA-X58A-UDR3 boards, and worked flawlessly.
X58 is an older board, but X79 is probably one of 'modern' motherboards. But in either case, PCI bus is native.

I would be careful with sandybridge/ivybridge based boards (H/P/Z 61/68/75/77) from Gigabyte. Asus should be ok. Socket 2011 should all work. Haswell (socket 1150) is all bridged PCI, but we haven't tested PCI compatibility yet.

Leon Herbers
www.dawplus.com

Thank you for your replies.
I have discovered that all AMD compatible motherboards support PCI natively.
RME told me this, as did Gigabyte.
I have always used AMD with my HDSP9652 (Althlon 1500+) and will continue to do so.

Yes, AMD chipsets have full PCI support. We only build Intel systems, hence my limited answer.
Good luck!

Leon Herbers
www.dawplus.com

Does this apply to all HDSP 9652 revs?  I have one that is 1.3.  I've searched this board and seem to get conflicting results, i.e. some say it works, others say you need rev 1.6, which I think needs a HW mod.  This is for a Win7 x64 system btw.  If anyone has had their HDSP 9652 updated, is this something someone adept with a soldering iron couyld do;) Thanks.

I've run both a 9632 and 9652 on a Jetway G03 NAF92F with great success.

I just spoke with Jeff at Synthax, who does the US Authorized RME repairs, and he said they'd do the update no problem. Great service!!

Hello tell who knows work the card HDSP 9632 on chipset Z87 or maybe someone knows how to work on a motherboard GA-Z87X-UD3H ?
Sorry for translate)

Not to hijack but I've been offered 1 of these cards for €90.  Anyone know if these are compatible with Win 7 64bit?

HDSP 9632 is compatible with Win 7 64bit.

works on a Asus z87-c and win7 64 with no probs

I decided to post here instead of creating a new topic as I have a similar question.

I'm trying to see if I'll be alright with getting HDSP 9632 instead of HDSP AIO. Mainly due to price difference. I have ASRock X79 extreme 6 motherboard with 3820 cpu, which has two PCI slots. I can't seem to find a source that could confirm whether this mb offers a native PCI support or not. Wondering if anyone has any insight of what kind of performance I should expect if I'll end up going with 9632.

Another factor that might make difference is that I currently don't have any monitors, so everything is done through headphones. I've seen people mention that AIO is much better suited for such use. Any insight on that would be greatly appreciated as well.

ASrock user manuals often don't have block diagrams, but I assume all LGA2011 X79 boards will work with HDSP9632. However, manufacturers implement PCIe bus differently, so you have to ask directly if you want to be absolutely sure.

Other manufacturers often have information about PCI bridging in the manual (e.g. Gigabyte), so you can change the brand.

As to the headphone out, I have both 9632 and AIO, and headphone outs appear to be the same. I have also 9652 and that doesn't have headphone out. You might have been misinformed or confused between 9652 and 9632.

Best,

What he means is that the 9632 headphone output is the same as the line output, while the AIO ones are indeoendent with their own DAC.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

What he means is that the 9632 headphone output is the same as the line output, while the AIO ones are indeoendent with their own DAC.

That is exactly what I meant.

I've decided to go with AIO. Makes more sense and after looking around found much better deals as I was able to find initially.

The only question that I can't seem to find an answer for as of yet is: What are the differences between 'revs'(assuming these are hardware revisions)? I've seen few used cards for sale that are 'rev 1.3', but also came across 'rev 1.4'.  Looked on RME's site, but couldn't find anything conclusive.

No differences in functionality or tech specs.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME