1 (edited by sanya 2013-09-15 10:35:56)

Topic: FF800 & ADI-192

Dear RME,

I use a Fireface 800 with a Mac with great result and trouble free. Recently I have bougth an ADI 192 converter to use it together with the FF800 as a format converter to connect my reverb units which both have AES EBU digital connections. I use the 8 channel ADAT  optical ports to connect the two RME units. I also connected the Aux optical IOs  between the FF800 and ADI 192 with optical cable to be able to use the SMUX2 function.
Both reverb  works perfectly on 48 kHz, however when I work in 96 kHz, only one reverb works and the other unit does not. As much as I know in double speed ( 4 channels at 96 kHz) still both stereo reverbs should work.
Please give me some advices in connections and setup.
Thank you

Sandor

Re: FF800 & ADI-192

Correct, and for that you even don't need the Aux lightpipes. Most probably a setting at the 192 is wrong. Photo from the front?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Dear Matthias,

Thanks for your fast reply. I made a pic of the front panels but I still do not know how to attach it to this answer...
Bests

Sandor

Dear Matthias,

You can see the front panel at this link:

http://kepfeltoltes.hu/130915/adi192_ww … es.hu_.jpg

Thank you

best Regards

Sandor

You connected the FX units to AES input 1 and 3. That obviously will not work. 1 and 2 would be correct.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

The connection to 1 and 2 did not solve the problem.

Are you sure both external devices fully support 96k single wire mode? Please test the connection without the FX devices, just connect AES Out on the 192 straight back to In to check signal flow.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Hello,

I also have similar problem and I can't find a way to solve it. Here is my configuration :

A Torpedo Studio is connected to an ADI192-DD using an AES-EBU cable (XLR). The sync is OK and the Torpedo Studio is the master clock at 96kHz.

On the other hand, the ADI192-DD is connected to a Fireface UFX (v1) using 2 ADAT optical cables. The settings on the Fireface shows sync on both ADAT channels at 48kHz.

In Reaper 6, I can record in stereo my guitar with the Torpedo Studio at 48kHz and the sound is good.

BUT, when I change the project frequency to 96kHz, I can only hear/record the left channel, i.e. I loose channel right.

The LEDs on the ADI192-DD show that double speed (DS) and quadspeed (QS) are available, which I don't understand since the Torpedo Studio is the only one device connected and works at 96kHz.

Could you please help me ?

Thanks in advance.

/Jat

ADAT, Double Speed and Quad Speed are explained in detail in the manual of the ADI-2 192 DD. So Double Speed is available, why you not activate it to have 96 kHz  ADAT operation?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME