Topic: rme adi 4 dd vs. aphex 144

hi,

we would like to build a live recording setup and therefor expand our monitor setup. We use a Yamaha DM-1000 with the Yamaha AD8HR via AES/EBU. We've got one MY16 and one AES/EBU card installed in the DM-1000. An Alesis HD24 should do the recording job.

So we need a converter like the RME adi 4 dd or the Aphex 144, right?
I'm a little bit confused about the In and Outs of both converters. In the specs of the ADI 4 DD stands: 4 x AES/EBU In/Out

What does it mean?
Does the ADI 4-DD convert the 8 channel AES/EBU signal from the AD8HR into a 8 channel ADAT signal? Or do I need the ADI-8 ?

The DM-1000 and the AD8HR is synced with a wordclock signal. Is it possible to sync the ADI-4 with the DM-1000 via ADAT at the same time?

The Aphex 144 doesn't have Wordclock, right?

best regards,
Norwin

Re: rme adi 4 dd vs. aphex 144

Anubis wrote:

So we need a converter like the RME adi 4 dd or the Aphex 144, right?

Not sure. What do you want to do exactly with it?

Anubis wrote:

In the specs of the ADI 4 DD stands: 4 x AES/EBU In/Out
What does it mean?
Does the ADI 4-DD convert the 8 channel AES/EBU signal from the AD8HR into a 8 channel ADAT signal?

Sure it can do this. But why should it do this?

Anubis wrote:

The DM-1000 and the AD8HR is synced with a wordclock signal. Is it possible to sync the ADI-4 with the DM-1000 via ADAT at the same time?

Sure.

Anubis wrote:

The Aphex 144 doesn't have Wordclock, right?

Don't know (and don't care).

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thanks, I think we will get the ADI-4.

The Alesis HD24 has 3 ADAT inputs, 2 ADATs are coming from the DM-1000 and 1 from the AD8HR via the ADI-4.

Regards

Aaaah, now it makes sense. Yes, that should work even without wc to the ADI-4 DD.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME