Topic: feedback issues

i'm not sure if this is related, but since i've installed the v3.38 of the HDSP driver (on Win7 x64), i've occassionally got a weird feedback building up in the audiostream. i'm not routing stuff outside of the [multiface II] card and back in-- this will happen on regular ASIO playback (from soundforge or winamp for example), where the audio is being sent to one of the playback I/O's and then routed to the SPDIF out (going to an external D/A and then monitors).

not sure what this could be, any tips are welcome!

thank you.

rme hdsp [pci] / multiface II / win7 x64 / i7 4930k

Re: feedback issues

Please try a Mixer reset. Hold CTRL and click the Preset 1 button (right side panel). This will set routings to default 1:1 with no input monitoring. After the reset you can recreate your special SPDIF routings.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

3 (edited by beeski 2013-09-30 21:39:47)

Jeff wrote:

Please try a Mixer reset. Hold CTRL and click the Preset 1 button (right side panel). This will set routings to default 1:1 with no input monitoring. After the reset you can recreate your special SPDIF routings.

This hasn't helped, there's still a buffer looping and feeding to RME's output, and when any other audio gets played, it just gets summed with the audio already existing in the buffer to create and ever-louder feedback loop.

(btw. this stops after about a minute, wonder what this is, perhaps some process finally is able to end.)

i think i'll try reverting to an older version of the driver.

(just a heads up: i rolled back to driver v3.32, still ran into the issue, then enabled the 'optimize multiclient mixing' option and haven't encountered it since.)

So you can go back to 3.38 and enable it there as well (BTW, it is on by default).

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

So you can go back to 3.38 and enable it there as well (BTW, it is on by default).

that seems to have solved it, thank you!