Topic: Talkback: assignable keys in "push-mode" / background

Would it be possible to include a push (not toggle)-functionality for the assignable (talkback-)hotkeys? Even more: testing this key always/in the background also (when TM is not an active window)? Would be very convenient, otherwise it should possible to do this with an Autohotkey-script. Anyone done this already?

Re: Talkback: assignable keys in "push-mode" / background

Don't know about hotkeys, but:
You can do exactly that plus other cool things with the advanced remote, if that's an investment you'd be willing to do.
I wouldn't want to live without the remote again.

Happy Fireface UFX+, Octamic XTC and M-32 Pro user.
http://www.stoersender-studio.ch

No such remote for a HDSP 9632 (or any other card). In TotalMix FX we might be able to add a 'Momentary' option, but a global system hotkey option is not on our plan.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Sorry for beeing unclear on this one: indeed Totalmix FX was meant (with MADIface USB). If you are on a light setup with a very small screen (eeePC!) it is too difficult to manually switch programs all the time (even with hotkeys on this small screen; then pushing a hotkey and afterwards again, then toggling back to the recording program.) Don't want to buy ARC, rarely any need otherwise. It seems indeed possible for a program checking/cntrolling a key even if not in the foreground, Samplitude can do this with the stop-key.

(My signature is a bit outdated - but great that those old card works without any hassles for many years already!)

This is not about what is possible - it is about what we can do with our limited time. We have to prioritize things that are more often happening than someone running our stuff on an eeePC (sorry).

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

6 (edited by martinhr 2013-11-19 19:54:38)

It's not only "about an eeePC" (which is btw. for multitrack recording only absolutely sufficient, 16 tr. at 48k no problem!) . If you include a talkback (and listenback, really helpful) function it would be most helpful to adapt it to the highest possible degree to real world situations, where you have a recording program, TM and a hotkey for talkback. But that's not enough if you have to do complicated switching back and forth between the programs every time and inconvenient toggling instead of a momentary option.
I'm sure with Autohotkey it can be done also, but have to look into this if I have time.

7 (edited by martinhr 2013-11-21 19:51:07)

Ok, it works like a charm with Autohotkey - pressing one key, TM gets the focus and the TM TB hotkey is pushed, releasing the key, the TM TB hotkey is pushed again which means deactivating in toggle mode - and immediately the recording program gets the focus again. So you can work reasonable. Also you can record or not while talkback, no interference.