Re: TotalMix FX iPad app.

After using TotalmixFX and a UFX live for several shows, one of the main drawbacks is selecting an output/bus and changing that mix.
It would be great to have a the option to quickly choose let say Output 1-2 and adjust channels for that mix.
Then select outputs 3-4 and adjust levels for that mix.......
it would also be good to have a screen that shows only output channels.

I prefer more options with wireless control via a laptop than being stuck with a USB cable connected directly to an iPAD. 
However, having TotalMixFX on an iPad via USB is much better than having no Totalmix. I will be grateful when it is released.

See the mix selection buttons towards the right on AH's QuPad app here:  http://youtu.be/95RIdRPi9hE?t=1m30s

Studio: RME UFX PT11, Studio One 2.5, Waves, UAD..
Live: RME UFX, Octopre, Rodes, Shure

I'd be happy to test and offer feedback if you like; I have a few gigs and live recording sessions coming up in the next few months.

I also would be in line for this app. Thank you RME.

krazylain wrote:

After using TotalmixFX and a UFX live for several shows, one of the main drawbacks is selecting an output/bus and changing that mix.
It would be great to have a the option to quickly choose let say Output 1-2 and adjust channels for that mix.
Then select outputs 3-4 and adjust levels for that mix.......
it would also be good to have a screen that shows only output channels.

I prefer more options with wireless control via a laptop than being stuck with a USB cable connected directly to an iPAD. 
However, having TotalMixFX on an iPad via USB is much better than having no Totalmix. I will be grateful when it is released.

See the mix selection buttons towards the right on AH's QuPad app here:  http://youtu.be/95RIdRPi9hE?t=1m30s

I don't understand. You worked with a computer, so it can't be more easy than just clicking on the desired submix channels to adjust the whole mix for them.

Also it seems to me you got the app wrong. It is not about controlling TM FX via wireless or USB. It is about controlling the hardware when you have no computer at all.

And regarding your link - we have Layout Presets and its Sub option.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

You are correct. Working with a computer it is as easy as clicking the submix and changing the channels.
it's just that I can't do it easily away from the computer.
The UFX is so powerful that I often think of it more as a live mixer/recorder and an audio interface.

Given the proliferation of digital mixers with wireless iPad control, i was hoping we would get similar functionality.
Anyway I understand your view on hardware control without the computer and I do not believe any other 1U device comes close.
Thanks for your feedback.

56 (edited by bsfreq 2013-10-06 02:50:32)

I'd normally be using my laptop with tmfx, and only use my ipad and lemur for remote controlling tmfx..

..but lately I've had times when I've taken my UFX with me to simply keep some very random PA-setups in balance. (when there's only DJs and no live bands) 
So I use my laptop to do some minor eq tweaking, to find the balance between active speakers and passive subwoofers with separate amplifiers, and finally to set up fader groups to be able to control master level from the sturdy-feeling volume knob of my ff UFX. For the rest of the time I would just keep my laptop on for the fader groups to keep on working. 

It seems that the ipad app would be able to handle this, so for this simple task I would very much prefer taking my ipad with me instead. It's lighter, I could easily hide it in my small rack under the UFX, have it's screen dimmed to minimum for maximal battery life, and only take it out in case I need to do some more tweaking.

I'm sure that there are many other, more professional ways of doing this but for me and in these situations my UFX has been the only device available to make this possible. So this is what I would use the ipad app for. Thank you for developing..

P.S. I know this isn't the right topic, but any news on the global access for OSC/midi, or submix independent input mute? ;)

Fireface UFX+ | Fireface UFX | Babyface Pro | 12Mic

Hi,
At the moment I am using TM FX on a laptop connected to a UFX/OctaMic XTC configuration, and we use this both for rehearsals and live. On rehearsals, we don't use PA - only monitor mixes to earphones. I record via USB directly to a hard disk on UFX. Works like a charm. (Export to Cubase 7)

My dream is to be able to skip the laptop, and do all I need to do on the iPad. I bought an iPad just for this purpose early this summer, and am waiting impatiently for the release of TM FX for iPad.
Pål

Hi....Does anyone know when the TotalMix FX software for iOS be released. I had read somewhere that it would be released in summer 2013....any specific date?

I just found this cable on the OWC website.....dont know if it will solve the charge and sync issue.....

http://eshop.macsales.com/item/Newer%20 … BLUSBCS2M/

I work with an Artist who does headphone-concerts. so 50 to 60 People Walking through the City with wireless(hifi)headphones on their heads and various artitsts playing live-concerts during Walking through the streets (mostly one or two wireless vocalmics, a guitar or something like that and a ipod for half-playback.

right now we use a small batterypowered behringer mixer, but that quite sucks as you just have a Little (bad) EQ and no compressors that would really help especially with Walking artists

I could do it with a Laptop, but those are two heavy and big for convenient Walking

beiing able to do it with the ipad would be quite rad!
and a ipad is much smaller

Unfortunately that cable won't solve the problem. To be honest though, I really don't see it as much of a problem - Even over a year old, my iPad still gives me a good 8-10 hours of constant use. The Apple specs say that it won't even start to lose any noticeable amount of capacity until 1000 charge cycles. If you're really working so much that you need more charge than that, just get another iPad. In fact, if it's important for your work, you should probably have a spare already.

> I just found this cable on the OWC website.....dont know if it will solve the charge and sync issue.....

It won't.

> Does anyone know when the TotalMix FX software for iOS be released

The iPad app has just been finished. I expect (unfortunately) around 4 weeks from now until it will be available in the App Store. Not sooner, sorry.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thanks for the "heads up" Matthias!

RME Fireface UFX
Mac Mini 2.6 GHz 16 GB Ram Areca RAID | MacBook Pro 2,2 GHz 16 GB Ram | OS 10.10.5

MC wrote:

>

The iPad app has just been finished. I expect (unfortunately) around 4 weeks from now until it will be available in the App Store. Not sooner, sorry.

VERY cool

Mats Helgesson
http://www.livingsound.se

MC wrote:

> I just found this cable on the OWC website.....dont know if it will solve the charge and sync issue.....

It won't.

> Does anyone know when the TotalMix FX software for iOS be released

Great!  Looking forward to it.

MC wrote:

>

Can't wait!  Thanks MC!

when does this come out?!!! i wanttttt. *drooooool

Any news ?, is almost snowing here :-) , great success RME team
JAC

69 (edited by DaveDaveDave 2013-11-08 19:14:00)

Just bumping this cuz I'm excited. Please Apple, release our precious - we NEEDSEZ our precious!

MC wrote:

>

Have the release date yet ?

Really wanna try it out!!!

RME Fireface UFX

It will be kinda cute to see TotalMix FX running on my iPad instead of on my laptop, but I'm not seeing any real enhancements to my workflow.  It sounds like the people who are excited about this are those with space constraints who want to use an iPad because it's smaller and they can touch it directly. 

The interface looks beautiful in the graphic mockup at the beginning of this post.  I dream of being able to control my UFX wirelessly with this touch interface. 

Perhaps this app can be a stepping stone in that direction:  Could the data link of this new iPad app be boiled down to a stream of OSC data (or some other protocol), so that it could link to a computer running TotalMix FX?  This seems very very plausible.  There may be some latency and bandwidth limitations, but that's an acceptable tradeoff for nearly everyone. 

I'm surprised that this is not a fundamental feature of this version 1.0, and I enthusiastically encourage RME to consider adding this as soon as possible.  I think this would address ALL of the feature requests and confusion that I have seen in this thread, including the ability to walk around the venue while mixing, and the ability to use the iPad's connector for charging.

Thank you, RME!  You continue to make the impossible possible and we love it!

any News about the Release Date?

thx

The app is under review at Apple. All we can do is wait...

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Excellent !

75 (edited by lrdtgarsas 2013-11-20 00:35:47)

Now I see that I'm not only the one who didn't understand that this will be not a remote controll app... but do not punish us for this... we just want to imagine (and believe) that you simply tell us that MAYBE (!) in future RME will think about "lite-version" of app for remote control... then many..? no..! giant crowd of people will say to you that you are GODS..! (maybe you already are... then will be higher smile) Thanks for understanding and best wishes..!

would the iPad with a lightening cable work 
http://store.apple.com/us/product/MD821 … ra-adapter

RME Fireface UFX
PreSonus ADL700
(2x) Presonus DigiMax D8
Apogee ONE for iPad

Would this adapter work for charging (line-powering) the iPad while operating FirefaceUFX via totalmix App? Thx

Sorry, forgot the link...
http://www.miniinthebox.com/de/3-port-u … 33740.html
My apologizes!

Not at all.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

80 (edited by WayDownSouth 2013-11-24 19:07:33)

I'm FF-UFX user, do you think the class compliant standard
maybe will get an update in the near future?
I just need the editing controll ability for all the 30 channels by ipad.

I don't understand that question as that is exactly what the upcoming iPad app will do.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

I thought there is an limitation at 22 or 24 audio channels in class compliant specifications.
Thanks for answer! smile

Yes, audio channels to/from the iPad. Not TotalMix remote operation.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

I bought myself an UFX few weeks ago and i just love it!
Now i am considering bying myself a tablet.

So, i just want to bring up this question again: Will there ever be an Totalmix-App for Android? I try to avoid Apple (sorry fanboys :-)), but i really would miss this awesome app on my tablet. Any news from RME?

Just want to remind that there defenitely are some Android-based tablets, supporting USB Audio recording, and:
http://www.extreamsd.com/USBAudioRecorderPRO/

....would be so nice!

MC wrote:

The app is under review at Apple. All we can do is wait...

This is a very long wait.
Any idea if the app will be available this week?
I'd love to use the new app on a gig next weekend.

Apple does not tell you anything than 'App is under review'. To repeat: all we can do is wait.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

IT'S OUT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I've been patiently following this thread as I'm sure all of you have and seeing as I didn't find anything on line let me be the first to say it's available on the app store in Canada. Hopefully that's simultaneous everywhere. I would have paid $100 at this point but $4 seems reasonable enough.
Enjoy

I just bought the app. Looks really cool on fist pass over!
Kelly

Cool!!!!!!

Going to get it now!

RME Fireface UFX

Got the app and have been trying to get it connected to the UCX for an hour with no success.
-CC mode on, using a USB cable and the Apple camera connection kit with iPad2 and IOS7
The red Host LED goes out, but the device is not being recognized by the app.
I must be missing something simple, and need a little help.     Thanks.

why isnt it a free app ?

Great news.
Babyface not listed as a supported device on the app site. But will work yes?

T.

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.

~ Albert Einstein

Can anyone confirm it works with the Babyface as well?

THANKS! wink

mktk72 wrote:

Got the app and have been trying to get it connected to the UCX for an hour with no success.
-CC mode on, using a USB cable and the Apple camera connection kit with iPad2 and IOS7
The red Host LED goes out, but the device is not being recognized by the app.
I must be missing something simple, and need a little help.     Thanks.

Same here!

It seems to be a bug in TotalMix FX version 1.0. UCX is recognized in other App (Multi Track) = Connection between iPad + UCX works. Status in TotalMix FX says "Fireface UFX disconnected". Perhaps the app is searching for an UFX and only finds an UCX that it can't connect to?

95 (edited by zapyz 2013-12-09 11:16:28)

I have the same problem with my UCX.

roughgear wrote:

Can anyone confirm it works with the Babyface as well?

It won't, according to the App Store.

96 (edited by Yodasoldier 2013-12-09 11:46:13)

no Babyface compatibility would be bad news... Hope this is just an error or a version 1 glitch hmm
The totalmix app  is the main reason I have  recently purchased an ipad air......

The copy on the front of the RME website still states:

"TotalMix FX for iPad® adds full control over hardware mixer and DSP effects for Fireface UFX, UCX and Babyface when in Class Compliant mode…"

It would be great to have this confirmed compared to the text on the App Store.

Is CC Mode fw 7 installed on your ucx?

FF UCX - ADI 8 QS(DOTec Madi/Usb i64) - Madi HDSPe(Tco 4)

bengersfood wrote:

The copy on the front of the RME website still states:

"TotalMix FX for iPad® adds full control over hardware mixer and DSP effects for Fireface UFX, UCX and Babyface when in Class Compliant mode…"

I don't see that information anywhere on the 'front page'. Please give me a link so I can change the text.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MH 3 wrote:

Is CC Mode fw 7 installed on your ucx?

Wow, bingo. That's it :-))))

Thanxalot!!