Topic: Raydat - Samplitude only shows 32 channels out - no AES?

I have a Raydat in a Windows 7 64bit PC. In Sequoia / Samplitude 12, I cannot get more than 32 channels listed in the settings, meaning there is no listing for AES or SPDif. But in Sonar X2 & X3, all 36 channels are listed.
Does anyone know if this is a limitation in Samplitude?

Re: Raydat - Samplitude only shows 32 channels out - no AES?

You use Sonar with ASIO? Go to the card's Settings dialog and toggle the 32 channel option on the Global tab.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Matthias, I'm not sure I said this clearly.

My problem is in Sequoia / Samplitude. I want to be able to use more than the 32 adat channels in Sequoia / Samplitude. Specifically, I want to be able to use the AES outputs. But in the audio settings tab in Sequoia, only the first 32 Raydat channels are listed, and not the AES or SPDif (33/34 or 35/36) outputs.

I mentioned Sonar X3 as it does correctly list all the Rayday output channels (1 - 36), including the pair assigned to the AES outputs. Everything works as it should in Sonar.

Which Settings dialogue are you referring to?

The newest drivers implement a possibility to limit available channels to 32.

In the Hammerfall DSP Settings (the one displaying DSP down by the clock) there is a "Global" tab - in there there is a checkbox with the label "ASIO 32 Channel limit".

If that is checked not even Sonar should show more than 32 channels... so my guess is that Sequioa / Samplitude has this limit... perhaps you are using a limited version? (I don't know - I'm using Sonar).

HTH
Dennis

Just saw this other thread in the AES/MADI group... Could be the same fix?
http://www.rme-audio.de/forum/viewtopic.php?id=18292

Thanks so much, Dennis, for your input. I read that other post and sure enough, this is one of the things I did which eventually led to is all working correctly. I had also toggled things on and off in the TotalMix matrix, and until your post, had thought that's what fixed it all. But I now remember checking unchecking the 32 channel limit in the driver.

Odd that the problem existed only in one DAW and not the other.

Thanks again. Knowing this will help if it happens again.

dennisp wrote:

"ASIO 32 Channel limit".

If that is checked not even Sonar should show more than 32 channels....

Sure it can - when used with WDM/KS. And the OP did not mention what he used.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME