Topic: Timing issue with ADI-8-DD

RME converter is ADI-8-DD
Used to convert TDIF to ADAT bidirectional.
24 track Soundscape with TDIF I/O connected to DM2000 console with ADAT I/O
Two ADI-8-DD units used. One for tracks 1-16 and one for tracks 17-24.
I'm experiencing random spikes on tracks 17-24 going through the RME .
The spikes are not recorded on tracks 17-24 but I hear them on the returns. I mix the returns so I get the spikes in my live stereo mix.
I think I have the settings correct on my RME units although I do find the instructions on what to have my sources set at confusing.
Both units have external wordclock reference with termination on.

Any ideas?

Scott

Re: Timing issue with ADI-8-DD

Hi Scott,

could you please describe the Wordclock-Setup in your Studio? How do you distribute the Masterclock-signal?

Regards,
Claudio

A quick test would be to unplug the TDIF cables from the DDs and change them to the other unit. Would be interesting to see if the clicks follow the cabling.

Are the TDIF cables identical? Which firmware versions do the DDs have?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

We are using a Rosendahl Nanoclock. Using 24 tracks on our Soundscape has worked. The ADAT routing was through an OPTIPATCH+, ADAT router.
http://www.z-sys.com/pp_routing.html
The Optipatch was giving us problems with a separate 48 track RADAR DAW, so we bypassed the OPTIPATCH to Soundscape with passive opti-couplers. 
http://best-tronics.com/mm5/merchant.mv … de=TOSLINK

It was at this point we discovered the problems with tracks 17-24 in our Soundscape. I noticed this morning that the clock reference for the Soundscape DAW was TDIF 1. I switched this to Wordclock+90?.
   I?ve recorded over an hour now and there have been no clicks. The TDIF reference did work with the OPTIPATCH in the path.  I?ll post a follow up. Thanks.

Scott

Please do so. I will delete this thread (and lots of others) then. This forum has become too cluttered with useless information / requests to perform a useful research in it.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Two more hours of recording and no clicks. Delete away.

Scott