Topic: How to mute subwoofer when selecting "Speaker B"

Currently my outputs are laid out as follows:

AN 1-2: Main Speakers
AN 3-4: Speaker B (Small speakers)
AN 6: Subwoofer

It's great when using the main speakers. The AN 6 subwoofer channel is on a fader group with the main out so drives Main monitors and Subwoofer in parallel.

Now I'd like to switch to speakers B (small speakers) but the subwoofer should be muted (along with the main monitors). Is there a way to achieve this in TotalMix FX?

Re: How to mute subwoofer when selecting "Speaker B"

Not that I know of - I have the same "issue" and already submitted a feature request for that. Dimming to -60 before switching to Speaker B works, but is an annoying second click.

Mute groups?

_

RME HDSP9652 | | RME Digiface USB

No, still an extra Click as the Speaker B command doesn´t "mute" but switches the assigned output.

5 (edited by ebulb 2014-01-27 16:33:03)

if you want one click and you own an Android tablet.. get OSC commander app, make a layout which has a button that sends two commands.. one to enable mute group with the subwoofer and the other to switch to B speakers.. pretty sure that would work..

Thanks for the suggestions! I haven't got a tablet, in fact I am setting up a large touchscreen exclusively running TotalMix. For the moment I'll stick to the two clicks option (press 'Speaker B' and simply mute AN 6 out).

In the future it would be nice to define more than 2 speakers as "Main", perhaps by holding down option while selecting other outputs in the ASSIGN drop down menu. This could then also define 6 outputs as a main surround output.

Dom