Topic: more info. on Snapshots, Workspaces , Setups etc.

Please point me to a tutorial or thread that covers Workspaces , Snapshots , Setups

Which Workspace is loaded on startup? Where can I see the current workspace name?
How to save the current workspace after changes (Save Workspace As.. doesn't seem it should be the usual method)
Snapshots are saved in the workspace, why would you then need a Save Snapshot?
When you "store current state into Device"  it has Setup 1-6  , what's in a Setup? is that related to Snapshots 1-8?
thanks

Re: more info. on Snapshots, Workspaces , Setups etc.

ZenMusic,

I'll clamber on here too.

I know the manual does tell us somethings about workspaces vrs snapshots vrs setups. But I would love to see some more detail regarding it eg which one particularly saves my onscreen layout (with various inputs and outputs settings expanded) and the "active" output selection, which one only saves the routing, names and routing settings, which one only saves the routing, routing and names etc.

I love total mix for what it can do, but still do not follow why my display of it sometimes does not look like what I thought I had saved it as.

Re: more info. on Snapshots, Workspaces , Setups etc.

UFX Manual

25.5.2 Snapshots - Groups

25.7.1 Store for Current or All Users (Windows)

23.3 Store / Load Setups at the Unit

23.4 Storing Setups from the Computer

35. Setups

The look can be different because open panels are not stored. So if it is open it stays open. If the channel is set to narrow (slim) it will be closed and not reopened undoing the narrow command.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME