Topic: Re-start HDSP 9652 driver without re-booting?

My HDSP 9652 PCI sometimes hangs, the symptoms being that the output suddenly goes dead while every single channel in the HDSP mixer shows "Ovr" with a red dot next to it. Upgrade to the newest driver (3.38) didn't solve the problem.

It's back to normal after shutting down the computer and re-boot, but that's often a bit tedious. It would be nice if there were a way to only re-start the driver. Is there?

Second, what might be the reason for this? The environment is Win 7 64 and a Supermicro X10SAE motherboard with a C226 chipset and an IDT 89HMPEB383 PCIE/PCI Bridge (according to the manual).

Is it possible that this PCI bridge is the culprit? I have not ever had such problems with my previous Opteron board. Or else it could be a dying card (it's 11 years old now), but I don't think this could be even temporarily cured by re-booting?

Re: Re-start HDSP 9652 driver without re-booting?

Changing buffer size usually resets the driver, please try this first. If that does not help, is there another PCI slot?

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Thank you, Daniel. I will try that out.

Most probably this card is a very old PCB revision that needs a hardware modification to run stable on current computers, and requires it to be sent in. That has been repeatedly stated in this forum and elsewhere.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

Most probably this card is a very old PCB revision that needs a hardware modification to run stable on current computers, and requires it to be sent in.

This card with SN 22224480 has had an hardware update to Rev. 1.3d (M). Do I need yet another hardware modification?

Definitely. The last modification was 1.6.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME