Topic: sample rate issue with babyface and digicheck

hi guys,

as long as I work with 44khz everything is fine - winamp, cubase, youtube, wavosaur - they all go through my analog1+2 babyface outputs.

but as soon as I switch some project to 48khz, digicheck doesnt react anymore, i causes cubase to reset the sample rate, stuff is not playing anymore, I have to route the 48khz stuff to phones 3+4, but then I have to switch the khz options in digicheck everytime...

isn't it possible to play any kind of sample rate and the babyface switches internally if it needs to without bugging me?

(win7)

I just cant think of a decent workaround!

thanks... jeandado

Re: sample rate issue with babyface and digicheck

It does so if you uncheck the option 'Set sample rate for ASIO inputs'.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

hey MC, thanks for responding.

"it does so if..." - does it mean it has to be unchecked? because it was unchecked all the time.

That seems fully normal, now that I re-read your post. Winamp and Cubase use ASIO, DC anyway, but YouTube and Wavosaur not. Then you run into the problems described in the manual, you can't change the SR easily and definitely not from ASIO as long as WDM is running, and when WDM is alone then again no way to do so, but have to use the Settings dialog of the BF, stopping ASIO (for example DC) first.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

ah, ok.
it is strange, I remember it running for a couple of years. I could open anything I wanted, all played side by side.

issues started couple of month ago. actually, I'm fine with that, but even if I reboot the computer, start cubase and open a project with a different SR than set in digicheck, it'll change the SR of cubase. no matter if i check or uncheck the mentioned box!

this is a real pain. switching between different projects, having to set SR in DC all the time. I mean, even my onboard realtek manages that. Am I missing something?

Yes, a more clear description with all the details. A freshly started PC with just Cubase and DC running, DC set to ASIO and 'Sample rate set' not checked, will work like you want. A project with a different sampe rate will change the samle rate of the hardware and DC will follow. And notice your wording: <a different sample rate than 'set' in DC> - not allowed to 'set' a sample rate there.

You said that worked before - did your hardware setup change, like using SPDIF or ADAT input now?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

hey mc,
tanks, if you say so I have to figure out my setup.
Im not using spif or adat, hardware is the same.

maybe it is my new workflow - I did not use the digicheck for film projects (48khz), so the setting was always 44khz.
Now I use it for both and have this problem.

I'm gonna try out something report back in a while!

thanks alot!