1 (edited by beeski 2014-02-06 20:55:52)

Topic: digicheck windows (7) workflow issue

when you pin your digicheck to the taskbar in windows, you can then use keyboard shortcuts to bring up any pinned programs-- win+1 for the leftmost pinned application, and so forth.

now, if you do this with digicheck, and attempt to quickly bring it up (when it's currently running already), instead of bringing the digicheck window into focus, it brings up the 'function select' dialog (in other words, it instead performs the 'file > new DIGIcheck window' operation, and effectively starts a new DIGIcheck instance).

note i am using a dual screen setup, and this is _only_ happening when DIGIcheck is on my secondary display (ie. it works as expected when DIGIcheck is on my primary monitor screen; in this case, calling it up using the standard windows' shortcut brings the DIGIcheck window into focus, and does not execute another instance of the program).

is there any way to avoid this happening?

thank you.

rme hdsp [pci] / multiface II / win7 x64 / i7 4930k

Re: digicheck windows (7) workflow issue

I have a dual monitor setup but not that problem. Are your monitors extended desktop? Is the same happening when you use the mouse to click on the pinned DC?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

3 (edited by beeski 2014-02-07 21:33:57)

Re: digicheck windows (7) workflow issue

MC wrote:

I have a dual monitor setup but not that problem. Are your monitors extended desktop? Is the same happening when you use the mouse to click on the pinned DC?

i think i narrowed it down to being an issue cause by a 3rd party program. (i have been using the 'dual monitor taskbar' utility that duplicates the taskbar onto the second monitor, but will only display on it programs whose windows are actually on that secondary display. in the opposite scenario, running DIGIcheck makes windows think there is no other instance running. that is what i am thinking anyway; and uninstalling dual monitor taskbar has in fact fixed the issue.)

rme hdsp [pci] / multiface II / win7 x64 / i7 4930k