Topic: Kontakt & Cubase automatically changes my sample rate from 96 to 44.1

I'm a bit confused regarding this. My card has always done this. I have FINALLY gotten my card able to be ran at a buffer of 128 after months of tinkering with it. I think RME's latest driver is actually what helped a lot.

Anyway, I found that setting the sample rate from 4.1 to 96000 allowed me to have a lower latency and less pops (at the cost of more cpu).

-I set this in Windows Playback Devices under RME Speakers, and I set this in RME's ASIO panel.

Whenever I start up Kontakt, Play, or Cubase, my sample rate changes from 96 to 44.1. Then RME ASIO greys the option out to change it back until after I close those applications. I am also unable to change sample rate in Kontakt or Cubase as well. IT only gives me the option to open the greyed out RME ASIO panel.

Does anyone know why this is happening?

PS: Does setting windows to give exclusive control to 'applications that request it', increase performance and decrease pops? I have this option checked right now, but am unsure of losing windows audio while I'm playing will really help.

Thanks a gain

Setup:
i7-3930K / Rampage IV Extreme / 32GBMem / Win8.1 64-bit
Cubase 7.5
RME HDSPe AIO - A4IS&A4OS

Re: Kontakt & Cubase automatically changes my sample rate from 96 to 44.1

This is perfectly normal behaviour with ASIO applications. To change the sample rate in Cubase, create/open a project with the desired sample rate.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME