Topic: Computer keyboard shortcuts to control TotalMix

I use an HDSPe MADI card, and I wanted to set up shortcuts so my computer keyboard can control the Talkback function in TotalMix. After looking around the forums here a bit, I didn't see any easy way of doing it.

I figured out how to accomplish this task using a program called "Bome's MIDI Translator". This is a paid application. However, it does so many cool things, it was worth every penny to me. It sets up virtual MIDI ports that you can send MIDI messages to, and it lets you assign keystrokes to any MIDI message you want to send. It seems to have a very low CPU overhead, but you can just exit it when mixing. I don't work for the developer, and I am not related to them in any way - I am just really geeked I found a way to do what I wanted to do!

You can find it here:

http://www.bome.com/products/miditranslator

I set up my number pad "Enter" to be talkback, only active when the key is pressed. Then I made number pad "0" switch the control room outputs to the mains, and "1", "2", and "3" to cue sends.

If you guys already are aware of this, please disregard. If not and anyone wants more detail, please let me know.

zendrum

Re: Computer keyboard shortcuts to control TotalMix

Nice info. And don't worry about advertising, we are fans of Bome's SendSX :-)

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Hi mate,
I want to ask a question about the bome totalmix integration.
I want to control mute and some scenes with my keyboard, how do you do that? What kind of messages do you need to send?
I've done a simple mute button on/off but is seem not to work, maybe there is something that I've missed!
Thanks,
Mauro.

It would be more helpful if you exactly list what you set up and what you send.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME