Topic: problems with sampling rate and Play HDSP 96/32

Play of the East West accepts no SR 48 from the card RME 96/32
Every time I try to set this clok frequency of the card (with internal clok) resets to 44.1 (without the possibility to change)
This does not happen with other players such as Kontakt
thanks

Re: problems with sampling rate and Play HDSP 96/32

I had a similar problem, but I think my question was misunderstood.

http://www.rme-audio.de/forum/viewtopic.php?id=19487

Setup:
i7-3930K / Rampage IV Extreme / 32GBMem / Win8.1 64-bit
Cubase 7.5
RME HDSPe AIO - A4IS&A4OS

In both cases, this is normal behaviour with ASIO software. The sample rate is not set in the HDSP settings dialog, but in the audio application.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Thanks for the contribution,
the problem in the audio (Play) with ASIO setting to 48 is not possible (stuck with 44.1), while with the direct sound driver instead
This anomalous behavior does not happen with other applications (such as Kontact)
the frequency is automatically set at 44.1 once selected audio drivers (always on Play) change the card clock at 44.1 (if the origin of the clok is internal).
If the card clock is 9632 instead of external (spdif or adat)
as I said you can not set it otherwise than in Play 44.1
Thank you very much for your attention

This seems to be an issue or configuration question of the Play software, not of the RME driver... Please contact the software manufacturer.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Unfortunately the east west dimodtrata is not very sensitive to poroblema merely suggesting a new way of structuring the connections (LAN solution with the software Vienna Ensemble Pro 5) and not via midi currently working as
thanks anyway

just wanted to bump this thread. I've been through many support tickets but they're convinced its on RME's end. Play does not allow to change the sample rate, Kontakt freezes when changing the sample rate, and Massive has to have the sample rate changed twice in order for it to take effect.

If I change the ASIO Device to my Toneport UX2, Asio4All, or my third device, sample rate isn't an issue. It's only the RME.

Setup:
i7-3930K / Rampage IV Extreme / 32GBMem / Win8.1 64-bit
Cubase 7.5
RME HDSPe AIO - A4IS&A4OS