Topic: Insert VST plug-ins on TotalMix FX

I'd like to post this topic as a feedback.

Now I'm using RME UFX and I'm really satisfied with it.

However, I realized one thing... Is it possible to use VST plug-ins on UFX in the future.

Recently, I used Apollo QUAD and found that was helpful to insert plug-ins on DSP mixer.

If it becomes possible to insert VST plug-ins on TotalMix FX, UFX will be the perfect interface for sure.

Thanks.

Re: Insert VST plug-ins on TotalMix FX

Not technically possible, sorry.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

There will be no VST plugins for various reasons. One is the stability and reliability of TM FX, which is no longer under our control with such third-party extensions. The others are of technical nature.

Searching the forum would have revealed that info as it was discussed several times already.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

There will be no VST plugins for various reasons. One is the stability and reliability of TM FX, which is no longer under our control with such third-party extensions. The others are of technical nature.

have you considered adding a button on input channels similar to "loopback" but called "insert" which could tap the signal out to other software like waves multirack through an internal driver and then return it back at the input channel again in totalmix ? That would allow the user to have insert FX via other software and if the other application crashed it would be independant of totalmix so the signal could still flow just ignoring the software insert.. It wouldnt compromise TMFX and maybe the framework of the internal driver to route the signal is half conceived already with loopback feature ?

Not at all, sorry. The current architecture does not allow such a function.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Does the current architecture allow insert with analog connections?
For me it would be a great addition since I don't use UFXs TRS connections that much.

Sonicimage studio
RME FF UFX, XTC, ADI-648, MADIface USB
W10 Pro 64bit

You can do this the same way TM FX would have to do it under the hood: send out the signal via one hardware output and return it to any input. You will loose that hardware I/O, thus can not use those channels for normal mixing anymore, and therefore the advantage of an 'insert' button, which would still need further configuration, is near zero.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Hi. I hoped that this would make a trick, but what I read from you it won't hmm