Topic: input doubling up in pt?

Thanks for reading,

whenever i record 8 tracks on my octopre adat into my ucx via lightpipe, the adat channels route into 2 identical channels on protools, ie. if i have the kick drum mic on channel 1 and the snare mic on channel 2, i will get first two tracks on protools coming in as 2 kick channels (on pro tools channel 1 and 2) and the next two channels (3/4) coming in as the same snare channel. So in pro tools a kick drum would be coming in on Channel 1 AND channel 2. and snare coming in on channel 2 AND 4.

Even though i have:

• sorted the input path list in I/O under setup
    looked at the mapping in the fireface matrix view
    double checked every xlr cable was in the right input
    physically tested the octopre and every output is corrosponding with its correct mic

I tried researching anything i might have missed on setting up the ucx with protools but nothing really came up, even relatively. i have a feeling its something pretty simple, and that its something related to how the fireface mixer is reffering to its adat inputs as 1/2, 3/4, 5/6, 7/8.

Also does anyone know what input AS 1/2 is, i know its the first two channels of the adat but why call it AS?

I know the ucx reffers to its adat ins as 1/2, 3/4, 5/6, 7/8 so im guessing thats the main culprit here.......

any help would be much appreciated....

Re: input doubling up in pt?

"So in pro tools a kick drum would be coming in on channel 1 AND channel 2. and snare coming in on channel 2 AND 4."

^Thats what i meant to say. sorry folks, first time poster here!

Re: input doubling up in pt?

You are in SMUX mode with the mic preamp: set to 88 or 96 kHz. But ProTools (and therefore the UCX) is set to 44 or 48 kHz.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME